All you need after those long days of standing up and walking around is a foot massage to pamper your swollen feet. A relaxing foot massage will do more than improve your blood circulation, alleviate pain, help recover your lost energy and calm your whole body. The foot massage will help reduce stress and tension, therefore leaving you feeling refreshed and invigorated. Unfortunately, going to a spa to get a foot massage each day sounds expensive and time-consuming. The best foot massagers are designed to help you save time and money while enjoying a foot massage at any time.
Generally, you will need a foot massager that is easier to operate, has a substantially good impact on your feet and comfortable. The power usage of the massager, the portability and the automatic shutoff in-built feature are other important things. Even though the features will affect your selection, they are secondary to the real operation and the benefits of each foot massager. This guide helps you choose the best massager and to help you get started, we have provided the best ten massagers in the market today.
Related:The 9 Best Head/Scalp Massagers
Best Overall: CloudMassage Foot Massager
The CloudMassage foot massager provides deep kneading massage from any comfort angle. The inbuilt bar is easier to adjust so there will be no need of keeping your knees together or the knees at 90 degrees angle. The product will massage including the widest parts on your heels and calves without any problems. It comes with many options for heat, air pressure and vibrations. The lowest settings are recommendable for beginners.
This foot massager will increase blood circulation and relax your tired feet in addition to relieving plantar fasciitis. Remember that only the high-pressure setting will help alleviate plantar fasciitis and neuropathy pain. The highest settings of the shiatsu calf and foot massager are very intense and it will take you around 2-3 massage sessions to get used to them. The lowest pressure is a good choice when soothing your tired feet.
- Easier to adjustable angle comfort bar
- Multiple settings boasting rolling ball massagers, heat and air compression massage to stimulate blood flow and increase circulation
- Massages bottom of the feet with heating and pressure to reduce stress and help the user relax
- Works on the pressure points and soothes the feet
- Ergonomically sleek design
- Brand: CloudMassage
- Product dimension: 22 inches by 11 inches by 17.7 inches
- Product weight:22 pounds
- Material: Sturdy plastic
- It is powerful and kneads your feet like they were dough, stretches the arches and wraps your feet in a tight squeeze
- Ergonomically sleek design
- Reduces PF
- The settings are very easy to use
- There is no air pressure mode
Related:The 10 Best Handheld Massagers
Best Value: MedMassager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager
MedMassager MMF06 is among the excellent foot massagers the market provides. In addition to its innovative design, the massager offers 11-speed options and can produce 3,700 rpm. So, if you need to ease the pain on your feet or stimulate blood circulation, it is worth trying. One of its key benefits is the power it provides. Due to the power, you can feel its force, including when you are wearing shoes. That means you can get the intensity level you need.
Another key benefit is the rugged and durable construction. Due to the used premium materials, the massager will last for many years. The user-friendliness and easier to use control panel allows you to switch it off and alter the intensity to match your needs without any problems. The offered kit allows you to use it on tiled and hard floors because it will keep it stable and protect the surface from scratches.
- Offers 11 speeds options and the speed varies between 1000 rpm and 3,700 rpm
- Full-sized oscillating pad featuring an arch-bar and pressure point to target the foot surface
- Stimulates circulation in the legs and feet
- Suitable for patients with diabetes and blood pressure
- Rugged, reliable construction to facilitate usage in hardwood and tile floors
- Brand: MedMassager
- Product dimension: 16 inches by 12 inches by 9.5 inches
- Product weight: 11 pounds
- Material: FDA-approved material
- The foot massager is incredibly powerful
- It is very sturdy
- It will last for many years
- It is very expensive
- It is noisy when running on the high-intensity setting
Related:The 10 Best Back Massagers
Best Design: Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager
It is time to bring the joy back to your home with the Mica Shiatsu Foot Massager With Deep-Kneading, Multi-Level Settings, And Switchable Heat Charcoal Grey. This product will help you relax after a long day at work and relieve all the stress and tension. Your work might require you to walk, stand or even run from time to time. Sitting in one place for extended periods is not a healthy affair. So, after following all that, you should not expect to smile when walking to your home.
The Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager is among the best home massagers that work by applying air pressure to offer a salon or spa feeling. The deep and light kneading foot massage offers any aching feet a quick relief. The foot chambers provide the user with shiatsu massage to the sides of each foot. Due to the sleekness of the device, you can use it when relaxing in your home or working at your office. It is also highly portable and compact. To massage your feet, it combines heat, air pressure, vibrations and kneading rollers.
- Two independent foot chambers
- Five air pressure settings
- Two wireless remotes
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Comes with removable covers for fast and easier washing
- Brand: Miko
- Product dimension: 17.6 inches by 17.2 inches by 9.8 inches
- Product weight: 13.4 pounds
- Material: Washable plastic material
- Wireless remote control
- Customized massage setting
- Different ranges of massage experience
- Compact foot massager that is easier to clean
- Auto shut-down features that get into play after 15 minutes
- Expensive than many other devices
- The pressure levels are seemingly hard to some people
Related:The 10 Best Neck and Shoulder Massagers
Best Shape: Tespo Shiatsu Foot Massager
This shiatsu foot massager is a good choice for people who experience pain on their feet. The product alleviates tension and stress effectively and comes with many features to help ease the aches. Tespo Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine with Heat targets the key pressure points and soothes the tired and worn out feet. So, it will massage the sides of your feet, heels, toes and offer comfort through rolling and kneading functions.
The shiatsu massage you get with the product is customizable. Use the three customizable options to switch it or mix it up to a personalized mode. After 15 minutes, it will have treated your feet with comfort. Control its speed and direction with the automatic modes. Each motion will target various areas on your feet. And because the product is lightweight and compact, it is easy to use and you can carry it to any place.
- Offers 2+2 large airbags to massage a wide area around the legs
- It is equipped with a rolling stick, rotational ball, heating and air compression to offer deep kneading shiatsu foot massage
- The ergonomic design offers comfortable and comprehensive massage
- Comes with a detachable breathable cover
- Comes with 12 months warranty
- Brand: Tespo
- Product dimension: 16.9 inches by 15.4 inches by 10.2 inches
- Product weight: 12.5 pounds
- Material: Washable plastic material
- Great for people with diabetes
- Highly portable
- Fits many sizes
- Might hurt the small feet
Best Budget: InvoSpa Shiatsu Foot Massager
One of the things that make the InvoSpa Shiatsu Foot Massager a favorite of many people is the convenience level it offers to each user through the detachable and washable foot cover. The element helps keep the massager clean, including after many years of use. Other features that make it a good choice is the heat and shiatsu massage option. It will improve your blood circulation; relieve the muscle tension, neuropathy, tired feet and plantar fasciitis. Moreover, you can adjust its intensity between the three offered pressure levels for good results.
With the two independent foot chambers, the massaging machine combines shiatsu kneading and therapy suitable for every part of your foot. If you have been suffering from neuropathy or chronic nerve pain, you will benefit from the heat transmitter the machine offers. The machine offers air compression and kneading on every user as a type of massage. The bi-directional massage technology enhances customization levels to help target the tension spots and the strain trapped in the muscles.
- Bi-directional massaging mode
- 3 different pressure levels
- Washable feet pockets
- Durable shiatsu foot massager
- Brand: InvoSpa
- Material: Washable plastic material
- Portable, easy to use and lightweight
- The kneading shiatsu option offer deep massage
- Customizable for the best experience
- The optional heat allows for customization
- The power cord is very short to allow free movements during a massage
FIT KING Leg Air Foot Massager
Fit King Leg Air Foot Massager for Circulation and Relaxation Foot and Calf Massage with Handheld Controller 3 Intensities 2 Modes puts more focus on the feet and calves, therefore, providing immediate relief from cramps. The massager improves circulation of blood in the two regions, therefore, offering faster results. It will wrap in three separate areas on the legs and that alone allows flexibility to use it on many people. The foot and leg wraps are adjustable to a maximum size of 28.5 inches with two different size extensions included. The Velcro strap fastening makes it user-friendly for individuals of every age and physical ability.
This foot massager comes with 2×2 airbags to massage your calves and feet evenly. The even pressure provided across the lower leg helps prevent bruising or swelling, particularly for people with sensitive skin. Its two modes and three pressure intensities allow customization of massage sessions. The compressions will begin at your feet and proceed upwards to move blood and fluid away from the legs. Choose the pressure that matches your needs.
- Designed to massage your feet and calves
- Offers 3 massage intensities and 2 modes
- 10 massage techniques to allow you to use it in your office or at home
- Large and adjustable size
- Offers DC12V/1A adapter and detailed user manual
- Brand: Fit King
- Material: Washable plastic material
- Gentle on the sensitive skin
- Easier to use
- Automatic 20 minutes shutoff feature
- Offers 3 massage intensities
- Might be uncomfortable at first
Nekteck Foot Massager
This is a modern massager made to massage the bottoms and tops of your feet at the same time to enhance the flow of blood and to relax you, especially after many long hours of standing. With the 18 rotating massager nodes along with 6 massage heads, the product regulates the blood flow amazingly, relaxes the muscles and eases the tension. Comparatively, thanks to the heating function because it reduces pain on the foot and consoles the fatigued muscles.
Its height is adjustable to three levels, something that allows it to provide convenience and match the user preferences in addition to allowing easier operation. You will get an on-board cord to carry along with a storage handle for more convenience. It is a good choice for prospective buyers aiming to spend less on a massager.
- Three height levels
- Manual heating feature
- 120V/50~60Hz power supply
- Measures 40.5cm by 36.5cm by 12cm
- Comes with a 6 feet long power cord
- Brand: Nekteck
- Product dimension: 40.5cm by 36.5cm by 12cm
- Material: Washable plastic material
- Relieves foot stress effectively
- Easier operation
- Regulates flow of blood in the body
- Silent operation
- The pressure can be better
Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager
If you need several massage intensity options, then the Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager for Plantar Fasciitis is a good choice. The incorporated massage technology provides five different massage options that cater for many users and their personal needs. In addition to the varying intensities, the deep kneading massage nodes alleviate chronic pains through clockwise and anticlockwise automatic rotations. The deep-tissue massage technology allows the machine to loosen any strained muscles in the user’s feet through pressure massage motions.
An automatic shutoff timer feature will get in play after the massager runs for 15 minutes continuously. You can also switch on or off the strong heat transmitter according to your wishes. On the downside, the machine is not durable. The material surrounding it will start coming off after a short time use.
- 18 deep-kneading nodes to target acupuncture points on your feet
- Compact and sturdy
- Measures 13.5 inches by 14.2 inches by 5 inches
- Weighs 7.9 pounds
- Heat feature for a comfortable massage
- Brand: Belmint
- Product dimension:13.5 inches by 14.2 inches by 5 inches
- Product weight:7.9 pounds
- Material: washable plastic material
- Easier to operate
- Different pressure setting levels
- Quiet during use
- Not durable
MaxKare Foot Spa/Bath Massager
The inbuilt intelligent temperature control will allow you to set the most appropriate temperature for your massage sessions – between 35 degrees Celsius and 48 degrees Celsius. After selecting the temperature level, the foot spa will heat the water very fast to the set level and maintain it. Apart from its elegant look, the spa foot massager is also fashionable. It will fit your feet nicely and prevent water splashing from the basin. A handy rubber foot stand keeps it stable when in use.
Speaking of the massaging rollers, they are detachable. They are non-motorized, meaning that you will need to move your feet to enjoy the benefits. You will have a removable box attached to the spa massager to hold the important spa materials such as Epson salts. Use the materials to enjoy a more relaxing and soothing experience. Overall, the massager is comparable to the expensive models the market offers.
- Smart water temperature control
- Ergonomic and stylish design
- Detachable massaging rollers
- Medicine case
- Electric leakage protection for safe use experience
- Brand: MaxKare
- Material: Plastic material
- Perfect heat
- Ideal for at-home treatments
- Very easy to use
- The power cord will limit your movements
TheraFlow (XL) Dual Foot Massager Roller
The TheraFlow (XL) Dual Foot Massager Roller is a great choice for people who need the best foot massage experience. It will also help you relieve stress, arch pain and plantar fasciitis. Made of hardwood material, the product comes with 24 separate nubs on each back roller for effective acupoint reflexology. Its ridges are spaced out greatly to stimulate all the trigger points.
This product has strips on its bottom side to prevent slipping and protect your home or office floor from scratching. its specially arched design will fit the natural curve of your feet. Use the foot reflexology chart and the detailed usage instructions for the best results.
- Free laminated detailed instructions and foot chart
- Lifetime guarantee
- Made of hardwood material
- Offers acupressure therapy for improved foot health and blood circulation
- Brand: TheraFlow
- Product dimension: 11.2 inches by 8 inches by 2.5 inches
- Material: hardwood
- Saves you on the electricity bills
- Made of durable hardwood
- Comes with a helpful reflexology chart
- Suitable for all foot sizes
- Lifetime guarantee
- The wood varnish odor might be overpowering at first
Which are the factors to consider when buying your foot massager?
Whether you have been suffering from peripheral neuropathy, plantar fasciitis, poor blood circulation or arthritis, a foot massager might be the best solution. The great long-term investment will give you stress relief by stimulating the feeling you get from the hands and fingers of a massage therapist.
However, foot massagers in the market are not made the same way – each foot massagers will come with unique features. The high priced models come with many features, while the inexpensive ones might only provide the features you need. Therefore, when making a purchase decision you should know the features to look for. Here are some of them.
But first, here are the available types of foot massagers:
- Manual: the manual foot massager is the cheapest option available. This type comes as a tube that you roll on the soles of your feet.
- Electric: this option provides a vibrating and rolling feeling to the pressure points on your feet for the best experience.
- Foot spas: this type of foot massagers use heat and water to offer massage.
Types of foot massagers
Now, here are the key features to look for when buying a foot massager:
- Cushion surfaceThe first thing you should check during your purchase is whether the surface of the electric or manual foot massager is properly cushioned. The cushioning is important for the user’s comfort. Manufacturers use malleable plastic pads, foam or gel to make the cushioning.
- Multiple speedsSearch for a foot massager with adjustable speeds. The massager should either offer an option to increase the speed or reduce it. Fortunately, most of the massagers available in the market offer the options.
- Easier to use controlsThe massagers come with controls on their body. The top-notch models feature remote controls to facilitate faster and easier changing of the settings during a foot massage session.
- Additional featuresSelect a massager offering water jets and a heater for the best massage experience.
Which are the benefits of a foot massager?
Foot massagers work on every nerve point in your feet that link to the other body parts. The nerves communicate throughout the body – from the organs, tendons, muscles and joints. Do not ignore any tiredness or ache that comes as a result of standing or walking the whole day because it will affect how you move and think. To prevent the pain, you should understand where it comes from and start using the best foot massager. The massager will relieve that pain and offer many other benefits. Here are the other benefits to expect.
- Improves blood circulationMost individuals think that they need powerful massager tools like the expensive full leg massagers or massage chairs to increase blood circulation in their body. But did you know that a simple tool like a portable foot massager will increase your blood circulation substantially? By receiving a 10 minutes massage after your workday or before bed, you will increase the blood circulation in lower extremities. Portable, space-saving massagers are a fantastic way of accessing the benefits without taking up a lot of space in your home with large products like whole-body massage chairs.
- Prevents injuriesOne of the things that a foot massager will do is prevent injuries in your ankles and feet. That is particularly if you will combine it with the stretching and strengthening exercises. Experts have shown that massage is effective in reducing the risks to injuries. Any person who is aging or more prone to ankle and foot sprains should consider buying a quality foot massager to help prevent injuries in the body regions.
- Reduces depression and anxietyFrequent foot massage sessions reduce anxiety significantly in cancer patients. Reflexology is also proven to reduce depression in people who receive foot massages regularly. Including if you have good mental health, regular foot massages are a good way of maintaining a healthier mind. A study that Griffith University researchers conducted in the year 2014 showed that people with challenging and stressful jobs feel better immediately after a ten-minute foot massage.
- Lowers the blood pressureRegular foot massage will help reduce blood pressure. Researchers have shown that by receiving a 10-minutes foot massage, at least three times a week, you will relieve anxiety and reduce your blood pressure.
- Relieves headaches and migrainesA study conducted in Norway showed that individuals who suffer from migraines and headaches feel better after a reflexology treatment. Reportedly, the patients did not get any medication but after three months, 60 percent of them experienced reduced symptoms. The other 40 percent were healed. That might be the main reason people with headaches and migraines are preferring to visit massage therapists to relieve the symptoms. But did you know that you do not need to leave your home to enjoy the benefits? All you need is to buy a quality foot massager and use it at least three times a week.
- Helps with foot issuesFoot problems are not new to many people. However, the fact that a foot massager will help cure the painful and chronic problems like plantar fasciitis and flat feet should sound great. All you need to do is use the foot massager regularly.
- Reduces edema in pregnant womenEdema in pregnant women is a condition that involves a lot of fluid in the ankles and feet. The swelling resulting from the fluid accumulation can be very painful and it particularly affects women in the last trimester. Use of a foot massager, particularly a portable foot massager will help reduce the ankle and foot swelling.
- Alleviates menopause symptomsMenopause symptoms include depression, hot flashes and mood swings. Research has shown that regular reflexology treatment reduces most of the symptoms. With almost 90 percent of massage therapists being women, it is easy to say that women can improve their health and well-being with massage techniques like foot massage.
Tips for using a foot massager
- After taking the foot massager to your home, place it in an open place – or where you can access it easily. The visual cue will always remind you to use the massager.
- Daily foot massages will help reduce anxiety and stress levels in the whole body – not just the feet. So, use the massager more often.
- Some foot massagers come with an auto-shutoff feature. The feature will be more helpful if you get more relaxed during the massage session and fall asleep. It will switch the massager off after ten minutes.
- Find a comfortable sitting spot before you start the massage and play relaxing music or sounds so that you can unwind while getting your feet massaged.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Which foot massagers are designed for diabetics?A: One of the common side effects of diabetes is neuropathy. Fortunately, a foot massager helps relieve it. By massaging your feet you will stimulate the flow of blood and improve circulation in the body when your feet feel numb or sore. Electric foot massagers or oscillating footpads are known to effectively ease the symptoms of neuropathy. However, not every electric foot massager is approved for diabetics.
Q: How long should the foot massage session last?A: If you are just starting to get foot massages, you should start slowly. Introduce the foot massage in 15 minutes increments. That means you should start with the softest setting and massage the feet for 15 minutes. After the feet adjust to a regular massage, start increasing the length of time you massage them. Most massage experts suggest that you should work your way to 30-60 minutes of foot massage for great results.
Q: Are foot massagers effective as the foot massage you get from a therapist?A: It is hard to find a foot massager that matches the expertise and skills of professional massage therapists. However, foot massagers have improved significantly within the last few years and today you can get one that feels as great as a real massage from a therapist.
Q: Can pregnant women use foot massagers?A: Even though foot massage is proved to reduce edema and relieve sore feet effectively, pregnant women should consult their obstetrician before they start massaging their feet. Remember that the experience from a foot massager is very different from the massage you get from a massage therapist. Due to the electric nature and intensity of the massager, you are discouraged to use foot massagers during pregnancy unless your doctor instructs you otherwise.
Q: Do foot massagers induce labor?A: Based on reflexology principles, there are claims that foot massage induces labor. Medical experts have mixed opinions on the topic but as we have said, the massage from a foot massager is very different from that massage therapists offer. Foot massagers are more intense and you should, therefore, avoid using them when pregnant.
Q: Will a foot massager reduce blood pressure?A: The most recent studies have proved that reflexology helps with many types of health issues, such as blood pressure. In Korea, nurses have been practicing foot reflexology treatment with patients suffering from hypertension.
Q: Is foot massage good for kids?A: Foot massage is good for kids and experts recommend it. By massaging the feet of your kids you will be strengthening their muscles and therefore help them develop a better posture. Foot massage improves the blood circulation and assists the kids to relax – just as it does for the adults. Even more, it will be a more relaxing activity for your kids and it will allow you to spend quality time with them.
Q: Is foot massage helpful for gout patients?A: Gout was once known as the “disease of kings” or the “disease of a rich man”. However, that is not true anymore. Gout results from the cluttered uric acid in body tissues. It mostly affects the foot joints and causes inflammatory arthritis. With various forms of treatment, a quality foot massager will promote absorption of the uric acid cluttered on the affected joints.
Q: Will a foot massager induce sleep?A: Relaxing or soothing foot massages will help improve blood circulation in your body, reduce tensions in your muscles in addition to relaxing your nerves. The chances will relax your mind and cause sleepiness. And because your feet contain acupuncture points, any pressure the foot massager will apply on the points will induce sleep.
Q: Is cleaning of foot massagers easy?A: Foot massagers are very easy to clean. All you need to do is use a damp cloth to wipe them down. Alternatively, you can use a mild cleaning solution for the best results. Always start by unplugging the foot massager from the power socket when cleaning and avoid making it damp because the water can damage its motor. Most 360-degree foot massagers come with removable covers to make the cleaning easier because the water will not damage the motor.
Q: Which foot massager should I use to use dry skin problem on my feet?A: A foot spa is the best option if you are working to remedy dry skin. The water will hydrate the feet. Again, remember to put regular moisturizing regimens in place.
Q: How do pressure buttons differ from the kneading massage mode?A: When in kneading mode, the massage rollers rotate on the bottom of the user’s feet. The pressure button causes the airbags to inflate therefore squeezing the whole feet surface at the same time.
Q: Which are the side effects of using a foot massager?A: Most of the available foot massagers are perfectly safe. However, individuals with some of the forms of medical conditions should check with their doctors before they start using one. Foot massagers are not god for individuals with blood clots.
Q: Which heat setting should I adopt for my foot spa?A: Consider your needs when choosing the heat setting. However, any heat setting above 120 degrees Fahrenheit is extremely dangerous for your feet.
Q: How much should I pay for a foot massager? A: You will get a foot massager to match your budget because the price varies widely. If you need many features, you should expect to pay more. The price for handheld massagers or foot rollers is the lowest but electric massagers will cost you several hundred dollars but a chair can cost you thousands of dollars.
Your feet are among the most ill-treated parts of the body because they experience stress and wear and tear. Your daily life can be harsh on the feet because it brings various forms of stress such as joint pain, edema and stiffness. With the help of a good foot massager, you will pamper your tired feet at least three times a week. After reading this guide, you will not end up buying a substandard or low-quality product. Do not believe what every advertisement claims. Start believing what facts and statistics tell you.
In this guide, we have listed the best 10 massagers in the market – both manual and electric. We have also provided with the benefits they offer and the tips on how to use them properly. The guide will help you make the right buying decision and avoid settling for unreliable products. So, getting a product to match your needs without breaking the bank is now easier.